Event planning in Hull
No matter what your stance is on the event or occasion – whether you have an impending milestone birthday or anniversary, baby shower, charity event or retirement celebration, we can help!
Experienced event planners and catering team
At Holiday Inn Hull Marina we have our own event planners to guide you and provide suppliers and vendors if you need any recommendations. But if you have your own ideas in mind, then you can have your own completely bespoke event – something completely in between! Our events team have lots of experience in hosting events of all shapes and sizes, so you can trust us to take care of everything for you.
When to plan your event
Circumstances may direct this question for each individual! For example, the type of event – are you hosting a baby shower or a gala dinner? How many guests do you plan on inviting? Where they are travelling from? Are there are any particular situations you need to plan around?
At Holiday Inn Hull Marina, we are experienced in planning an event three years in advance through to two weeks in advance and we can guide you through what is possible.
Events at Holiday Inn
We can accommodate to just about any kind of event at Holiday Inn Hull Marina, with our multi-functional suites and rooms for hire, as well as our beautiful restaurant and hotel lounge. Some of the event types we offer are:
- Drinks reception
- Afternoon tea
- Three-course seated meal
Top tips on event planning
- Be flexible: have more than one date to choose from if you can, as this will allow our event coordinator to provide different options if your first option is already taken.
- Wants & wishes: make a list of three must-haves followed by a list of wishes.
- Have a budget in mind: can you budget for the top three must-haves? (In our list we would have food, entertainment such as a disco, and a cake if celebrating.)
What we will need to know
- Accommodation requirements: if you have a number of guests travelling for your event, it is important we also check bedroom availability for your date too.
- Allergens & intolerances: with this subject high on our agenda, we will ask if any guests have any allergies or intolerances (it is OK if you do not have this information at first – we can take this from you later on down the line).
- Final details: in order for us to ensure we can deliver what you have asked for, we start to finalise the details with you at least four weeks prior to your event.